This Simply Orange 100% Juice Blend Pulp Free Orange Juice With Mango tastes delicious, without taking the time to acquire a taste for it. I’ve enjoyed this juice blend as an occasional treat for a few weeks here and there, although I do not stock up on it here at home. I only buy one or two bottles each grocery trip, as I’d certainly over-drink it if I stow more than that around here. It’s just too fruity-licious. It pleasantly sweetens up breakfast or lunch, and brings the exotic taste of mango fruit along for the ride.
I just finished a 13.5-ounce bottle with my plain yogurt and berries for supper tonight, and mmmmm mmmmm! Drinking this beverage once in a while is one sure way to make extinct your sweet tooth.
Benefits, Pros, Advantages, and Features
- Not from concentrate. This juice is, as it was, when squeezed from oranges, without added water.
- This product is not vitamin enriched, and is sodium, caffeine, and fat free.
- However, you get a full day’s supply of naturally occurring vitamin C herein.
- Contains no preservatives.
- This is a very sweet juice combo, but all that sweetness is all natural. No added sugars here.
- The best-if-used-by date is a couple of months out. So you can keep it in the refrigerator for six to eight weeks if you’ve not yet opened it. If you have, then it will keep for seven days or so.
- The serving size here (one bottle) is actually pretty big for orange mango juice; the bigger size I indeed prefer. Often, you get single servings of orange juice in these little six-ounce bottles. Not this product. It’s serving size is nearly two full cups.
- Drinking this product quickly quells any sugar cravings I may have. Yet it’s not very addictive.
- The bottle is recyclable.
Disadvantages, Cons, Problems, and Concerns
- At 190 calories for 13.5 ounces, this fruit juice product has about as many calories as a can of regular (non diet) soda pop. But at least, it has much nutrition that pop does not.
- This is a pulp free product. So it has a bit less fiber than orange juice right from the orange. I prefer pulpy myself. Not even the added mango puree adds significant fiber. So though a natural juice product, it’s not a good source of fiber.
- Though it is pulp free, you still have to vigorously shake it before drinking, to assure a well-blended mango and orange flavor.
- Plastic bottle for packaging here. I prefer glass for the best flavor preservation.
- Must always be refrigerated, even prior to first opening.
- This is not an organic fruit juice product.
- Plus, it’s a bit costly, at roughly $2 per 13.5-ounce bottle at my nearby convenience store. But now and then, it’s worth the price, and satisfies my sugar cravings as well as a pint of fat-laden ice cream, but with way less than half the calories.
Orange juice, mango puree, and natural flavors.
- Serving size: 1 bottle (400 milliliters or 13.5 ounces). Servings per container: 1.
- Calories: 190. Calories from fat: 0
- Total fat: 0 grams, 0% DV.
- Cholesterol: 0 milligrams, 0% DV.
- Sodium: 0 milligrams, 0% DV.
- Potassium: 750 milligrams, 21% DV.
- Total carbohydrate: 46 grams, 15% DV.
- Dietary fiber: 0 grams, 0%.
- Sugars: 41 grams.
- Protein: 3 grams, 11% DV.
- Vitamin C: 120% DV.
- Calcium: 4% DV.
- Thiamine: 15% DV.
- Niacin: 4% DV.
- Vitamin B6: 8% DV.
- Folate: 25% DV.
- Magnesium: 10% DV.
For a mass-packaged product, this juice tastes surprisingly fresh; especially since it’s pasteurized. They do not say that this product is fresh squeezed on the label. But the addition of the mango puree more than makes up for any loss of fresh-squeezed taste. They avoided adding any preservatives or artificial flavors, and for that, I give Simply Orange a big thumbs-up. I’d rate this juice at 92 out of 100.
Where To Buy Simply Orange 100% Juice Blend Pulp Free Orange Juice With Mango
You can find this product in most any grocery or convenience store, big or small. Look for it in the clear plastic bottle with the green cap and green sticker seal across the top.
- Mango Fruit on Wikipedia
- Orange Juice on Wikipedia
- Simply Orange Juice Website
- Where To Buy Simply Orange 100% Juice Blend Pulp Free Orange Juice With Mango
- : Adjusted category and tag assignments, fixed typos, and added white space.
- 2012-07-11: Originally published.