We’ve consumed many boxes of Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Dinner for review. Through all that pasta and all those calories, we found this form of near-instant macaroni and cheese delicious and filling (if we ate the whole box). That distinctive Kraft cheese flavor many years ago our mothers made for us as kids, set the standard against which all other macaroni and cheese products are measured. It still tastes as good today as it did in the 70s.
Benefits, Pros, Advantages, and Features
- Inexpensive. At roughly $0.79 per box, instant macaroni and cheese is still a cheap yet tasty meal, although given the lack of variety in eating just macaroni and cheese, I’d hint that you eat it exclusively for very few meals in a row.
- Virtually never spoils. As cheap as that is, you might be temped to stock up. In fact, this Kraft product keeps for a long time on the shelf so long as you keep it cool and dry. So, yes, this macaroni and cheese dinner product is great to stock pile.
- A kid can make this. The cooking instructions for this Kraft Mac and Cheese dinner are straight forward and simple to follow, and though they suggest that certain brands of margarine be used, just about any good-tasting margarine will do nicely.
- Simple clean-up of the colander and pot used to prepare this dinner is nearly effortless, so long as you immediately wash off the macaroni water from all utensils. But, even if you fail to do this, simply let the cookware soak for several minutes. This loosens any dried-on pasta mess and makes wiping it away a breeze.
- Enough calories to satisfy. Contains 259 calories per serving out of the box; somewhat more calories when prepared with an additional two or three slices of fresh cheese as we sometimes throw in. Still, for the high degree of great flavor found in this product, this calorie count seems relatively small.
- Widely available at grocer’s. This product is sold at most any grocery store big or small.
Disadvantages, Cons, Problems, and Concerns
- Refined carbs. This is a highly processed food in my opinion. The list on the box of man-engineered ingredients is rather long.
- Enriched flour. Contains enriched flour as a prime ingredient. They should consider switching to all whole-grain flours; thus eliminating the need for enrichment with unnatural vitamins.
- Salty. Be alerted that this macaroni and cheese product contains significant amounts of sodium per serving. So those of you watching your blood pressure should eat this product with caution.
Over all, this Kraft macaroni and cheese product is a truly high value. It’s simple to prepare, costs little, stores for a long time without flavor change, and tastes great. So we’d rate it at 92 out of 100.
Where To Buy Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Dinner
Look for it at almost any grocery store big or small as well as on the Internet, in the blue box with the picture of the prepared mac and cheese on the front. Enjoy! It’s delicious.
- Kraft Foods on Wikipedia
- Macaroni on Wikipedia
- Macaroni and Cheese on Wikipedia
- Where to buy Kraft Macaroni and Cheese Dinner
- 2015-01-15: Revised content, added whitespace, and adjusted ad placement.
- 2912-03-08: Originally published.