Frank’s RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Hot Sauce is quite the versatile hot sauce, and as such, found in Buffalo sauce for chicken wings, spicy hamburgers, and so on. I’ve applied it to various fish dishes for years, and immensely enjoy the “kicky” flavor. Here are my thoughts on this great hot sauce that’s virtually indispensable around my kitchen.
Benefits, Pros, Features, and Advantages
- The hot flavor of this Frank’s RedHot Hot Sauce is awesome! While it’s not an overly thick sauce, This sauce-with-kick offers an abundance of hotness and unique peppery, salty taste.
- This hot sauce is virtually non perishable. I’ve kept bottles for two years without noticeable degradation of taste. However, the color of the sauce may darken a little after years in storage.
- Frank’s hot sauce need not be refrigerated after opening. Just store it in a cool, dry, and dark place for maximum preservation.
- Just about any grocery store (big or small, urban or rural, national chain or the fast-dwindling mom and pop stores) carries Frank’s cayenne pepper hot sauce. So it’s insanely easy to find.
- This hot sauce adds lots of flavor to any dish but virtually no calories or carbs. I like it best on fish fillets and chicken patties.
- I’d describe this hot sauce as moderately hot; I’ve tasted other much hotter sauces. This makes it acceptable to wide variety of guests at the dining room table if not over-applied.
- I love that it comes in a glass bottle.
- Though the sodium in this product is quite high at 190 milligrams per teaspoon, the calories, carbs, fat, and added sugars are all virtually nonexistent. So unless you’re salt-sensitive, this is one condiment that you can add with reckless abandon.
- There’s no sweet taste to become addicted to here, which is really quite the refreshing change. So many foods have at least a small amount of sweetness due to all that ubiquitously added sugar.
Disadvantages, Cons, Problems, and Dietary Concerns
- Frank’s RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce has roughly 570 milligrams of sodium per tablespoon, which can play havoc in the bodies of those who must control their blood pressure. Perhaps there’s a low-sodium version of this hot sauce.
Aged Cayenne Red Peppers, Distilled Vinegar, Water, Salt, Natural Flavor, and Garlic Powder.
- Serving size: 1 teaspoon (5 ML). Servings per 12-ounce container: 23.
- Calories: 0.
- Total fat: 0 grams, 0% DV.
- Saturated fat: 0 grams, 0 DV.
- Trans fat: 0 grams.
- Sodium: 190 milligrams, 8% DV.
- Total carb: 0 grams, 0% DV.
- Protein: 0 grams, 0% DV.
- Vitamin A: 2% DV.
All-in-all, this liquid heat is a cook’s dream for spicing up foods with flavor and heat that people will generally recognize and like. Frank’s unique flavor has been so popular due to the ubiquity of Buffalo hot wings these days. In moderation, it’s a healthy hot sauce as it contains no added sugars or fats. I love it thus, and would highly recommend it be included any active chef’s kitchen. I’d rate Frank’s at 95 out of 100.
Where To Buy Frank’s RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Hot Sauce
Look for this pepper sauce in the clear glass bottle (that displays the orange-red hot sauce inside) with the red and white label at Walmart, Weis, Hometown Market, or just about any food or general store.
- Frank’s RedHot Sauce Website
- Hot Sauce on Wikipedia
- Where to buy Frank’s RedHot Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- 2014-11-25: Extended the References section, created additional categories, added whitespace for increased readability, and adjusted ad placement.
- 2012-03-06: Originally published.