This Nestle Nesquik Double Chocolate Low Fat Chocolate Milk I easily found today at a local 24-hour store. Indeed, to make more complete my reviews of chocolate beverages, I brought home a bottle of this product for review, eager to taste some real dairy chocolate milk, as I’ve deprived myself of it for a bit.
The bottle says that this double chocolate milk contains 180 calories per 1-cup serving, which is twice as much as non fat plain white milk, which is what I typically drink at the house here. Vitamin A and calcium have been added to sure up the nutrition, and the fat content has been trimmed down to one percent, thus the low-fat designation.
However, as with most chocolate milks, you’ll find lots of added sugar in this product. So I’d avoid this dairy milk while dieting, as the attached sugar as well as the chocolate and artificial flavors (also included) makes this drink rather addictive in my eyes. One serving a day might be okay. But the enticing flavor will likely entice you to drink way more than that; especially if you’re a feeble-willed chocoholic like me.
Health concerns aside though, I think dairy chocolate milk tastes fuller, richer, more chocolaty, and is more fulfilling than any of the soy, rice, and almond-based chocolate drink products I’ve sampled. Indeed, no one I know of, has come up with a nondairy chocolate drink that tastes as good as real chocolate milk. The Nesquik low fat chocolate milk flavor is deep and strong, much like those Yoohoo chocolate drinks in the glass bottles. But it’s also significantly thicker, resulting in an unmistakably sweet dairy chocolate sensation.
Benefits, Features, Advantages, and Pros
- This chocolate milk keeps for roughly three weeks from the date of purchase in the refrigerator. That’s a decent shelf for a dairy milk product.
- It is made with real cow’s milk and is a grade A, homogonized milk product. It sports the “Real” dairy symbol.
- At roughly $1.80 per pint bottle at my local convenience store, Nesquik brand chocolate milk is a decent buy.
- This chocolate milk has just 2 grams of saturated fat, 10 MG of cholesterol, and 1 gram of dietary fiber per cup. But it does contain 29 grams of sugar per serving, although in fairness, nearly half of this sugar occurs naturally in milk, and was therefore, not added. Still though, do be careful not to enjoy too much at one sitting.
- The color of this beverage is a dark and deep brown, much like Hershey’s milk chocolate. It’s darker than other chocolate milks, due to its double chocolate formulation.
- The packaging protects this chocolate milk from light, which can impact flavor as well as neutralize some nutrition. While the plastic bottle itself is clear, the outer label is opaque, blocking all but the most trivial amounts of light from contacting the liquid inside.
- Indeed, there’s no compromising on taste, color, or texture in this Nestle chocolate milk product. No weak chocolate flavor here at all.
- This product is available at most grocery stores big or small.
- This double chocolate milk comes bundled with extra added vitamins.
Disadvantages, Problems, Concerns, and Cons
- Due to the sugar content, in my view, it’s easy to consume excess calories via this product. This product’s sweet chocolaty flavor tests one’s conviction to consume in moderation thus. It’s got a delicious, addictive, and very strong chocolate flavor.
- Diabetics should therefore, monitor their blood sugar readings meticulously when consuming this milk, as it contains significant amounts of high-glycemic index sugar.
- To produce a lower glycemic index product, thereby making this product more suitable for diabetics, Nestle might use pure agave nectar or Splenda instead of the sugar for sweetening.
Nestle Nesquik Double Chocolate Low Fat Chocolate Milk Ingredients
Low fat milk with vitamin A palmitate and vitamin D3 added, sugar, and less than 2% of cocoa processed with alkali, calcium carbonate, cellulose gel, potassium citrate, salt, artificial flavor, carrageenan, cellulose gum.
- Serving size: 1 cup, or 240 millilitres. Servings per container: 2.
- Calories: 180. Calories from fat: 25.
- Total fat: 3 grams, 5% DV.
- Saturated fat: 2 grams, 9% DV.
- Trans fat: 0 grams.
- Cholesterol: 10 milligrams, 4% DV.
- Sodium: 180 milligrams, 8% DV.
- Potassium: 550 milligrams, 16% DV.
- Total carbohydrate: 30 grams, 10% DV.
- Dietary fiber: 1 gram, 5% DV.
- Sugars: 29 grams.
- Protein: 8 grams.
- Vitamin A: 10% DV.
- Calcium: 40% DV.
- Vitamin C: 0% DV.
- Vitamin D: 25% DV.
- Iron: 6% DV.
So I believe that this low fat chocolate milk is a fair value. I like it! This real cow’s milk is a nice diversion from that entirely plant based stuff, and a pleasant vacation return to the truly wonderful chocolaty tastes of days gone by. I’d rate it at 92 out of 100.
Where To Buy Nestle Nesquik Double Chocolate Low Fat Chocolate Milk
Look for this double strong chocolate milk in the bright yellow bottle with the blue letters near the top, the happy brown bunny on the front, and the blue cap on top, in the refrigerated dairy section, at your favorite large or small grocers.
Drinking healthy is good. But sometimes, folks need a chocolaty and sugary indulgence, to re-energize their resolve to keep eating healthy. This product fills that bill nicely.
- Chocolate on Wikipedia
- Chocolate Milk on Wikipedia
- Milk on Wikipedia
- Nesquik Website
- Where To Buy Nestle Nesquik Double Chocolate Low Fat Chocolate Milk
- : Adjusted category and tag assignments, fixed typos, and added whitespace.
- 2012-06-19: Originally published.