Seeking more of the good fats avoiding more of the bad fats, I took to these Blue Diamond Whole Natural Almonds occasionally over the past decade of so. They have no added salt, flavors, or chemicals of any kind. They’s simply whole and natural almonds that taste surprisingly sweet and good once you strip away all of that fluff. They’re crispy, snappy, crunchy, chewy, and naturally flavorful. You cannot swallow them without first chewing them well, and this makes them more satisfying to me anyhow. By no means are these natural nuts soggy or bland. Indeed, tyey’re definitely a healthier, more natural snack than, say, potato chips. Almonds in fact, are a whole food, and thus, more naturally nutritious than more processed snacks. And these are even better than the run-of-the-mill canned almond, since they have no added artificial ingredients, sugar, or salt. Blue Diamond has, with this product, canned simply the naturally wholesome, mild flavor of farm-grown almonds.
Benefits, Pros, Advantages, and Features
- While the flavor in these unflavored almonds is more subtle and less “loud,” it’s nonetheless delightful. Nothing overdone about these fresh, raw nuts.
- This product contains no sodium or added sugars whatsoever.
- While these almonds have 14 grams of fat and 160 calories per serving, they lack any man-made trans fats. Indeed, any fat in this product occurs only naturally in nuts, which makes it less deleterious on the human body.
- This product comes from California, which makes it a home-grown, American-made, all-natural snack food.
- This party treat contains only three grams of net carbs per serving.
- Eating this snack in moderation (1.5 ounces per day according to the can), science suggests, may reduce your chances of developing heart and other cardiovascular diseases. Natural nuts seem quite good for us humans over all.
- I’ve found the almonds to be pretty uniform in flavor, color, size, and texture. Blue Diamond has indeed refined the art of consistently good-tasting almond selection into a science. From them, you get medium-large-sized, light-brown raw almonds every snack time that only sport a small number of the white spots that so often appear on raw almonds, where bits of the skins have peeled away.
- This product keeps for years on the shelf; for years after the best-if-used-by date has expired. So if you’re building a food safe, be sure to stock it with Blue Diamond Whole Natural Almonds.
- You need no can opener to gain access this can, as it comes with a ring and pull-top lid. So you can dig in as soon as you leave the store with these nuts.
Disadvantages, Cons, Problems, and Concerns
- What the Blue Diamond Almond People call a serving of these nuts seems very small (one ounce). There are six servings per can. But I must eat a third to a half of a can to be satisfied. So it’s best not to snack on this food exclusively in a sitting even though it’s all-natural. But with that said, I need far less almonds to become filled up (in terms of weight) than I would potato chips, cheese corn curls, and so on.
I’d recommend Blue Diamond Whole Natural Almonds as a mid-afternoon break snack, as they have very few carbs. So they’ll likely minimize the effects of those pain-in-the-butt two-thirty PM blues far more than candy bars or potato chips. I’d rate this product at 100 out of 100. This is one of those very few perfect foods.
Where To Buy Blue Diamond Whole Natural Almonds
Look for this flavor of almond in the light tan can with the bright green snap-off lid at your favorite bigger grocery stores and online outlets. They’re also widely available on the Internet. I do not typically find these at smaller, locally-based stores. But keep looking until you find them, because these almonds make for a good-tasting healthy snack food.
- : Moved this post to the Tom’s Diet Quest blog, added whitespace, adjusted ad placement, and tweaked the content.
- 2012-04-19: Originally published.